Tuesday 5 May 2015

News from Derriere Equestrian Sponsored Rider New Zealand Performance Squad Member Jesse Campbell 1st May 2015

On Sunday we’re heading to Withington Manor where Amsterdam runs in his first advanced class. He went well at Weston Park, where he was third in an intermediate, and he’s ready for the step up. I’ll be aiming for a confidence giving round so that we can tick that box.


In preparation I had squad training with Isobel Wessels at Hartpury on Monday, and on Wednesday and Thursday jumping lessons with Grant Wilson.

All the horses feel great including Kaapy who is in good order. I’ve started doing some flat work with him and he feels good.

It was really disappointing to have to withdraw him from Badminton with a bacterial infection, but we’ve re-routed him to Luhmuhlen now. He missed a lot of canter work before and after Belton – a key time in his preparation – which ruled out Badminton, and for a while it was touch and go whether he’d be ok at all, and while I did feel low for a bit, it was nothing compared to getting Kaapy fit and well again.

My parents fly over next week and we’ll all head up to Badminton together for a day out and then the following week they will come to Aston-Le –Walls. It’s their consolation event as they’d booked flights to watch Kaapy and I have our first run at Badminton! I’m really looking forward to seeing them again.

Talking Point II is proving Mr Consistent and we’ve renamed him diesel as he always pays for it. He was third in an intermediate class at Kelsall Hall, despite picking up time penalties, and he hasn’t been out of the top ten this season.

I’ve been really lucky to have been given some great white competition breeches from Derriere Equestrian although I have to admit I am so suspicious they will have a low key start in a dressage competition before they are worn across country. I’ve also been given a navy pair for every day riding (Treviso Training Breecehes) and have had several comments about how smart they look. A lot of thought has gone into the design and they really smart and fit well.


Derriere Equestrian also makes underwear for riding and I’d recommend taking a look. It’s really good quality sportswear which is must for any serious competitor.

It’s like Carl Hester MBE says, “Every rider should be wearing them.”

www.derriereequestrian.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment