Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Steppe Sister's Mongol Derby Training June 2015

The training is heating up for The Steppe Sister's Sian, who has recently participated in two endurance races in preparation for the Mongol Derby 2015...
 With the Derby only 1 month away, I have stepped up my training as much as I can. In addition to regular work outs at the gym, in the last fortnight I have competed in my first 2 endurance races. These races were both 40km long, and I was lucky enough to compete on a very experienced endurance horse, Oakleaze Farm Czelo, known as Cherub. Cherub looked after me very well and i didn't have to worry much about him, so I was able to focus what worked well and what didn't, in terms of my clothing and kit. Riding 1,000 km is no mean feat and I am sure anyone who says they wouldn't be worried about being really sore as a result is lying!

Riding these two races in my Derriere Equestrians was really reassuring as I felt so comfortable throughout the races! I have decided to wear the padded panties for the Derby as they will provide me with comfort during long days in the saddle and protect me from rubbing and chaffing. I am really keen to carefully consider issues like this prior to the race so that I can prepare for and avoid them. During the race I want to be focussed on the tasks in hand which are staying on those crazy horses and raising as much money as I can for a charity that is very close to my heart. If you would like to sponsor me and support Frenchay After Burns Children's Club (FAB), an amazing charity which supports children with burn injuries across the South West, please visit Read Sian's story

No comments:

Post a Comment